MES: LIT - Educational ICTs

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Cool Google Tools

www.google.ca/ig
Being the fan of Google that I am("Don’t Be Evil”) – A while back I discovered that Google has a service that will gather RRS feeds from news websites (as well as others). I’ve found that with a hectic schedule this is a great way to get the top news stories/headlines quickly and efficiently. Check it out: www.google.ca/ig You have to build an account. Its free.

Also: Under the ‘more’ tab there are a PILE of cool, free tools!

2 Comments:

  • I had forgotten about this feature of Google's portal. Do you make much use of the other Google tools such as Maps, Earth etc.

    Harv

    By Blogger Harv, at 4:59 AM  

  • I use the 'Maps' here & there. Google has put out (bought) a photo album with a decent photo editor - I use this a fair amount. I really like free & good! (http://picasa.google.com/)

    I've also used the desktop search. However, after doing some reading, I removed it. Its a little too 'Big Brother' for my liking. ;)

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home