MES: LIT - Educational ICTs

Monday, July 10, 2006

Fireworks Resources

This morning someone asked if there are any print resources for Fireworks. In our training courses at Community Ed, we often use resources from a company called CCI Learning, and they are highly reliable for quick down-and-dirty training, accuracy and fast delivery. They, however, don't have Fireworks yet, but they do have Dreamweaver stuff. The only other publisher I could find that I'm comfortable with is Thomson Nelson. Here's the link, but I can't tell you about the quality of these books. Since I'm likely to be one to need these kinds of print resources, I'll let you know if I find anything else.

3 Comments:

  • I bought a couple of books. I'll bring them in tomorrow.

    Ian

    By Blogger ihancock, at 12:26 PM  

  • I've had good luck with the Visual QuickStart and Visual QuickProject books as a "get me up and running" resource. The QuickProject series provides a very general introduction while the QuickStart materials take you to intermediate levels. Unfortunately they haven't brought out resorces for Fireworks 8 yet.

    I've also had good luck with the H.O.T (Hands On Training) series. It's a notch above the QuickStart materials. I don't know if their FireWorks 8 book is out yet.

    Harv

    By Blogger Harv, at 5:30 PM  

  • Great Ian! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have.

    Harv

    By Blogger Harv, at 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home