MES: LIT - Educational ICTs

Friday, July 07, 2006

Jakob Nielsen's Work

I won't claim to have found this innovator or his website on my own, but I have found him to be particularly astute in cutting to the chase. Jakob Nielsen is the one who did the research on F-pattern website reading that Kim showed us today. He is also considered, by some, to be the leading expert on website usability. His site provides plenty of open source material (he has lots to sell, too) and one can subscribe to his newsletter if one really wants to get into the spirit of things. He takes a highly scaled-back approach to website development, and he has collected a body of research to support his approach. I don't believe most commercial websites would agree with him, but they could learn a few things. I have.

1 Comments:

  • There is some excellent material here. I'm going to see if I can get the film on paper prototyping (known in simulation and TV circles as "failing it on paper").

    Anything he says about website efficacy is worth listening to!

    Harv

    By Blogger Harv, at 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home